What is FACE?
Cultural competency is at the heart of all we do. FACE assists with school climate and bullying by facilitating restorative practices in K-12 schools. Work with the National Dropout Prevention Center at Clemson leverages FACE’s expertise in parent and family engagement, multiple community partner collaborations, and tested research based best practices with Reading and Math interventions. Long term projects like ELITE (Educating Leaders in Teacher Education) Academy help to recruit and train young people interested in teaching the next generation of educational leaders.
FACE will be the national and reginal leader in research, innovative programs, best practices, and strategies that address all aspect of urban education for the underprepared student.
- To provide educational interventions for K-12 students.
- To develop cultural competencies in educational settings.
- To connect research to learning communities.
- To prepare, recruit and retain diverse educators for urban educational settings.
- To provide multiple modes of professional development and training for educators at all levels through face to face and virtual formats.
- LDA Minnesota
- National Dropout Prevention Center
- Phyllis Wheatley Community Center
- Bethune Elementary
- LEAP Academy
- Travelers Insurance
- Grotto Foundation